[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4596: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4598: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4599: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4600: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
The Otherworld Project • View topic - Introductions

Introductions

Discussion of anything unrelated to the Project.

Re: Introductions

Postby Friedrich » Mon Dec 24, 2012 6:04 pm

Thank you, Alex, and thank you Michael for flagging this up. Indeed, I'm unable to post anywhere but the "Out of Game" section. I tried to join a more premissive Usergroup but those are all closed and so, therefore, I'm unable to join. If anyone could help me out, I'd appreciate it a great deal.
Friedrich

Starting to get my feet on the ground... I think?

Administrator

Postby Sébastien » Mon Dec 24, 2012 7:22 pm

Friedrich, try now please, you should be able to post an application.

Postby Friedrich » Mon Dec 24, 2012 7:23 pm

I am; merci, Sébastien!
Friedrich

Starting to get my feet on the ground... I think?

Experienced Member

Postby Steven » Mon Dec 31, 2012 1:51 am

Welcome Friedrich!
Esh 3.5-OWP 1 - Dar al-Suwayd
OWP 1 - L'Arcsurattun
OWP 1.1 - TBD

Player since March 2008.

Postby Cunha » Sat Jan 05, 2013 11:39 pm

Postby Michael-on-Ryde » Sun Jan 06, 2013 1:47 am

Welcome aboard, senhor - I like the sound of what you're saying so far (I was a bit dubious about Eckembourg at first, but it could be a halfway house between Zepnish Burg and Hartal borg) and I'd be delighted to see more. Good luck to you!

Postby Cunha » Sun Jan 06, 2013 3:00 am

Thanks, but I can't post in the 'Creation Nation' yet.

Your doubt was about the suffix bourg? If it is, just look at the 's wiki page. ;)

Administrator

Postby Vince » Sun Jan 06, 2013 7:03 am

Welcome back, you should now be able to post in the Nation Creation forum. However, before doing so, please make sure you familiarise yourself with the on the main site.
Straight from the cheese refinery.

Postby Hellpotatoe » Thu Apr 04, 2013 9:01 pm

Uh... Hi? :D

Well, I'm Hellpotatoe, but you can call me Hell. I'm brazillian and have learned my english from games, so I cant type it perfectly (far from it, actually). I promise that when I attempt to create my nation, I will try to use a perfect english (even if it mean use google translate AND correct it (because google translate, used alone, is meh)).

I was looking for nation #33 (its a subpower, right?), but I dont really know how to start here...
I mean, I can imagine things and stuff, but I need of follow some basis (the neighbours are a good basis, I think). I can see their history and culture and stuff and make something slightly based on them...
I apologize for any english errors. I'm Brazilian, and I learned english only with sum' games.

Some ppl say that my english errors arent THAT bad but, anyway, sorry for any problems.

Experienced Member

Postby Alex » Thu Apr 04, 2013 11:00 pm

Welcome!
Shouting terrible blasphemies towards the Prophet and reciting heretical formulae.

Postby Hellpotatoe » Thu Apr 04, 2013 11:19 pm

I apologize for any english errors. I'm Brazilian, and I learned english only with sum' games.

Some ppl say that my english errors arent THAT bad but, anyway, sorry for any problems.

Administrator

Postby Vince » Fri Apr 05, 2013 2:27 pm

Welcome, I look forward to seeing your ideas for a country.

Postby Hellpotatoe » Fri Apr 05, 2013 2:43 pm

:D
Well, it seems that I cant post stuff on nation creation section..
I can post my ideas here, or I should wait until I got the permission?
Now I'll start reading things about the neighbors, and then I will create my ideas for the nation.

Edit: Well, looks like all of the neighbours dont have a fixed history untill now, and all references of nation #33 in the wiki are about a conference in city YY about some standart time system, and a old Carcharian city-state that is near of the border with nation #84 (I cant even spot a "nation #84" in the map, is this information right?)

Postby Hellpotatoe » Sat Apr 06, 2013 12:25 pm

Ok, Michael sent me a PM, and its very useful =)

I was thinking, basically, on make nation #33 be sorta of a mercantile power, that rely on sea and ships and stuff.
It language would be Hebrew? Michael suggested Arabic, but I think that Hebrew works too.
I would use it in cirilic alphabet, making something very interesting.

Bananas with chocolate >> בננות עם שוקולד >> vnnvt 'm shvkvld >> вннвт ьм швквльд
(This works? :D)
I would make myself some kind of dialects for every part of the nation (that is very scattered around =P).

About the religion, it would be a modified Siriash, with influences from Jakarism.
I know, its very basic until now, but its starting to get a form =)
Any suggestions are welcome, and, if theres no more "impositions", I'll start 'bombing imaginations' on this =P
Last edited by Hellpotatoe on Mon Apr 08, 2013 2:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Administrator

Postby Vince » Sun Apr 07, 2013 9:40 pm

Hebrew is already in use as Rashimic, so you would probably need to stick with Arabic.

You should be able to post in Nation Creation now.

Postby Hellpotatoe » Mon Apr 08, 2013 10:14 am

Postby Tuck » Thu May 02, 2013 12:38 pm

Hi Arden!

My first foray into worldbuilding was when I was a teenager. Today I am nearing the age of 30 and I still find fulfillment in this type of work. When I was younger, the playing pretend as various leaders of the countries I ran was the most enjoyable thing I did. Today, nation building for me is a type of simulated social experiment, and I find the sharing of minds on the experiments to be most satisfying. I may begin inventing something interesting for the group to debate on, if you could point me to the following maps:

1. A map of the language distribution
2. A map of the countries belonging to the active players
3. A map of the religion distribution
4. A map of the ethnic distribution

Thank you very much.

I would like to know a few more things about the following line in the terms and conditions of membership:
Please be aware that, where applicable, your contributions on other online worldbuilding, political simulation and roleplaying projects may be taken into account when considering your application.

What does it exactly mean? Why are the contributions of a candidate in other projects should be taken into the membership consideration?

Experienced Member

Postby Alex » Thu May 02, 2013 1:11 pm

Welcome to OWP, Tuck!

Here are the resources you asked for:
-
-
-
-
-

Specific country and language claims are available .
Shouting terrible blasphemies towards the Prophet and reciting heretical formulae.

Administrator

Postby Vince » Fri May 03, 2013 10:28 am

Postby mariano » Mon Jun 30, 2014 5:54 am

Hi everyone…
I'm Mariano from Chile but I used to be pencaso from Dalmar in another incarnation of Esh/Arden. I'm a 24 year old designer and aspiring filmmaker in love with music, art, history, philosophy of science and theology.

I was hoping to get nation 43 but it looks like it is already in development but I would like to develop something in that area. I'm very glad to be back (if you take me) and of course have already a lot of ideas prepared to play my nation. :D

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion