[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4596: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4598: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4599: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4600: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
The Otherworld Project • View topic - It's time to get colonial

It's time to get colonial

Development of the project in general.
Administrator

Re: It's time to get colonial

Postby Vince » Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:21 pm

A reminder that the above maps are not final, they are strictly drafts and are not properly done yet (with correct enumeration and one-pixel borders). I'd recommend waiting until the final map is complete before making Pedia maps because they will need to be updated when it is done. There will be significant changes in the final version.
Straight from the cheese refinery.

Experienced Member

Postby Steven » Fri Jan 18, 2013 2:43 am

Looking at the map I think Odann is going to need a post on the far side of the straight between Ascesia and Lestria. Perhaps on one of the islands that is part of 100? Just trying to make a logical looking empire :)
Esh 3.5-OWP 1 - Dar al-Suwayd
OWP 1 - L'Arcsurattun
OWP 1.1 - TBD

Player since March 2008.

Postby Michael-on-Ryde » Fri Jan 18, 2013 3:06 am

Steven, I have some ideas about the use of trading posts in #87 which might fit those needs, and which would also tie into rapprochement between Helminthasse and Odann after the Vastrahamn War. I'm at work now but I'll PM you later with a more detailed proposal.

Experienced Member

Postby Steven » Sun Jan 20, 2013 2:34 am

OWP 1 - L'Arcsurattun
OWP 1.1 - TBD

Player since March 2008.

Administrator

Postby Lois » Mon Mar 04, 2013 6:31 am

While I need some time to catch up and think about things, I'd say that Siurkeyti's colonial ambitions would be closely tied to keeping its most local rivals in check -- in this case, Helminthasse and Zeppengeran. I apologise -- a lot of the details put together on Arden have slipped my mind over the past months. What was the name of the continent west of Messenia? And are there reasons that colonies on that continent aren't expected or appropriate (aside from Siurskeyti's small commonhold; I do seem to remember that the continent west of Messenia had qualities that prevented it from becoming a colonial hothouse).

Siurskeyti's contemporary colonial holdings would be very limited, I believe.

ETA: I should click on links, man. Seriously. Okay, so I think I'll revise my population upward a bit, and figure out just how that holding is goverened...

Administrator

Postby Vince » Sun Mar 24, 2013 10:57 am

Final draft of the world political map:

http://www.otherworldproject.com/img/po ... 20grey.png

As well as the Seranias, major changes have been made to the Ascesian west and southeast and the north of Lestria.
Odann's territory has been enlarged because it looked silly.
Vesnite holdings in Serania Major have been considerably expanded for geopolitical balance.
Many more minor changes.

The map also includes the new topography by Seb, encompassing various minor alterations (most notably the lake system in northern Lestria).

Please check this to make sure nothing is missing or incorrect. (Preferably just flag up any minor mistakes on Skype as per usual.)
Straight from the cheese refinery.

Experienced Member

Postby Steven » Mon Mar 25, 2013 3:24 pm

Thank you for desillifying Odann's boundaries.
OWP 1 - L'Arcsurattun
OWP 1.1 - TBD

Player since March 2008.

Previous

Return to Development