[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4596: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4598: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4599: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4600: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
The Otherworld Project • View topic - Sports in the new Arden

Sports in the new Arden

Development of the project in general.
Experienced Member

Re: Sports in the new Arden

Postby Kolja_LS » Sun Dec 11, 2011 11:06 pm

Postby Michael-on-Ryde » Mon Dec 19, 2011 1:48 am

I had a rush of inspiration late last night and put together the document linked below, on a possible "upper-class" Joriscian sport provisionally named proslavy (from Old Church Slavonic proslaviti, "praise, glorify" - I thought there should be an element of Vaestic ritual to it). It's sort-of polo with a few other odds and ends from other equestrian sports thrown in; I've deliberately left the history of the sport open, but hopefully the rest hangs together okay.

The document can be edited by anyone who can access it, so anybody with an interest in the region can feel free to go in and make any improvements they think necessary. I admit I was thinking more in terms of lacrosse when I proposed this originally, but the inspiration ran away with me; hopefully I can come back to that angle later...

Postby Michael-on-Ryde » Sun Jan 01, 2012 12:52 pm

And just to be fair, I put together something for the Messenians as well. Latrones isn't, strictly speaking, a sport (except to the kind of people who think that chess, which it somewhat resembles, is a sport), but not everybody likes running around like a headless chicken...

As with proslavy, this can also be edited if anyone has a mind to do so, so go for your lives...

Previous

Return to Development