[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4596: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4598: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4599: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4600: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
The Otherworld Project • View topic - Interest Registration Thread

Interest Registration Thread

Development of the project in general.
Administrator

Interest Registration Thread

Postby Vince » Tue May 24, 2011 12:38 am

Since Ereana is ideally where everyone is going, it seems appropriate to list the "claims" that people have made so far. Nothing is final yet at this stage, but since people are registering interest it seems appropriate for a list to be kept. (This just lists people who've expressed a single preferred choice.)

#1 - Vince
#5 - Kolja
#14 - Welshy
#17 - Reno
#27 - Shaun
#28 - auntbeast
#41 - Jason
#42 - Seb
#47 - Alex
#50 - Miles
#58 - Steven
#65 - Kildaire
#68 - MoR
#71 - Lois

Great powers are now (provisionally) filled.

Unclaimed secondary powers: (East) 4, 7, 24, (West) 33, 34

Map with names of claimants superimposed (will be updated as needed):
http://www.otherworldproject.com/img/claims.png
Straight from the cheese refinery.

Administrator

Re: Interest Registration Thread

Postby Lois » Tue May 24, 2011 12:54 am

Please add me in 71. Michael (on-Ryde) and I have...plans. :twisted:
Last edited by Vince on Tue May 24, 2011 1:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Noted

Experienced Member

Postby Jason » Tue May 24, 2011 1:08 am

I am liking 41.
Last edited by Vince on Tue May 24, 2011 1:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

Experienced Member

Postby Steven » Tue May 24, 2011 1:37 am

I'd like to formally stake a claim on Nation 58.
Last edited by Vince on Tue May 24, 2011 1:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Esh 3.5-OWP 1 - Dar al-Suwayd
OWP 1 - L'Arcsurattun
OWP 1.1 - TBD

Player since March 2008.

Administrator

Postby Lois » Tue May 24, 2011 1:52 am

Cheers, Vince. :)

MoR is considering 68, so we can have all kinds of conflict over that enclave.

Also: If anyone's really, really keen on 71, I can shift to 65, as it's a solid secondary.

Administrator

Postby Vince » Tue May 24, 2011 1:58 am

Experienced Member

Location: Steubenville, Island Creek Twp. Jefferson County, Ohio, USA

Postby Shaun » Tue May 24, 2011 2:03 am

I think you should hold onto 71 Lois. 65 isn't that close. :P
It's like a train wreck.
Wait, no... it is a train wreck.

Kicsit olyan mintha te lennél a stricim

:monocle:

Administrator

Postby Lois » Tue May 24, 2011 2:11 am

@ Vince -- no worries, I wasn't very clear with my :twisted: comment. :)

@ Shaun -- I see I am still failing at understanding scale... :shock: :lol:

Experienced Member

Location: Steubenville, Island Creek Twp. Jefferson County, Ohio, USA

Postby Shaun » Tue May 24, 2011 2:52 am

It's like a train wreck.
Wait, no... it is a train wreck.

Kicsit olyan mintha te lennél a stricim

:monocle:

Administrator

Postby Vince » Tue May 24, 2011 5:23 am

I am quite pleased that so far we have a fairly even balance between west and east.

Postby kildairem » Tue May 24, 2011 6:14 am

If Lois has settled on 71, I would like to stake a claim on 65.

Those really are neat islands and still close to other players.
Last edited by Vince on Tue May 24, 2011 6:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Pepijn » Tue May 24, 2011 8:02 am

The head of this topic is INTEREST REGISTRATION.

I made the mistake of stating my interest in #42 in the political map thread, which I then softened up by the remark "just kidding". I had no intention to start a landrush. But it started, and now I'm left with nothing, so it seems. After one night's sleep, the major and secondary powers in western Ereana are all "gone". It seems that there aren't enough to go around.

So, the only choice I have is to make this hard on the admins. Sorry about that.
- I'd like to state my interest in #42
- If I for some reason can not have that, I'd like #47

I have been looking at #50 and #63, but the seem terribly boring with just one river basin. I can't imagine playing something landlocked. The island nations seem terribly small (or are dependancies). #32 is unimportant, probably too large and has a language I can't work with. So my interest is not based on being difficult for difficulty's sake, I have actually thought this through. I am however open for any other suggestions, opportunities I haven't yet seen. I could suggest making #31 a secondary power, or put 63 and 64 together so it's a bit more like a mid-size nation, but I don't know how flexible we are with this.

OK, I will probably get a load of shit thrown at me for doing this. The only thing I ask for is to be treated equally. I don't want the most important country, the largest population, the biggest economy or any of that, just a nice place to develop something that can interact with the rest in a believable and entertaining way. Be honest, would you see me running a kind of Riddmark high up in the mountains as primary nation?

Administrator

Postby Vince » Tue May 24, 2011 8:07 am

Noted.

Postby Pepijn » Tue May 24, 2011 8:12 am

Thank you. And I had to get rid of that monkey as avatar, it created more bad vibes than necessary.

Administrator

Postby Lois » Tue May 24, 2011 8:40 am

You do bring up a good point, Pepijn. I was working under the idea that we'd still have to write full proposals--in other words, there could be more than one proposal for a given nation, and the best proposal wins.

This said, I welcome you to take a look in the 60s; MoR and I are planning to set up extended conflict--Kildaire's around there, too, and it brings you into play with/against Seb and Alex if we end up where we've requested.

Even "non-secondary" nations will be important; I honestly feel RP will elevate nations into prominence.

Postby Michael-on-Ryde » Tue May 24, 2011 10:44 am

I think we may have all lost sight somewhat of the fact that the map is stated as a draft and we should really be treating it as such. Any draft is, by definition, subject to revision until all the parties who have to work with it find it acceptable. I'd agree, too, with Lois that we should make a case for any claim, just as was the case in v1.0.

No, Pepijn, I can't see you taking charge of a pseudo-Riddmark; Soermark and the Kelpies were gems and I was using your approach on Hoelde as an inspiration as I took on Shaun's legacy in Heimat. You need a wider canvas and I believe you will have one.

Administrator

Postby Vince » Tue May 24, 2011 10:52 am

Of course the application system is still very much in place. These claims mean nothing until they have gone through that system - just to clear that up.

I would ask that this thread be left free for people to note their interest in countries: general discussion of the application system should be taken to the System Development forum where it belongs.

Administrator

Postby Sébastien » Tue May 24, 2011 11:12 am

Yes, I stress the notion that this is interest, not actual distribution of nations. Everyone will have to go through the application process first.

Experienced Member

Postby Kolja_LS » Tue May 24, 2011 11:47 am

Postby Miles » Tue May 24, 2011 11:53 am

I'd like to register my interest in #50 or #37, dependent on what I am allowed/what is considered best (considering I'm a first time player).

Next

Return to Development