[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4596: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4598: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4599: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4600: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
The Otherworld Project • View topic - 121 - Mahavishuri

121 - Mahavishuri

Posting and discussion of your ideas for particular nations, and preparation for applications, takes place here.
Forum rules
Ensure that your ideas are thought through carefully before presentation, and do not conform to any nation-building stereotypes (e.g. your idea should not be a , a projection of what you would personally desire in a country). Do not take any criticism personally. Each nation should have one topic posted, with the ID and suggested name clear in the topic title.

Re: 121 - Mahavishuri

Postby Michael-on-Ryde » Tue Jul 01, 2014 10:59 am

Bits of this do sound intriguing, I must say. The idea of the vantaccas is suggestive of something that developed a long time back - maybe it even predated the Sabhian presence out east - and I'm guessing that what once were much more than just 46 of them have been whittled down over the years by conquest / strategic marriage / guile and theft / all of the above. And the dattva rules as he wants (I assume it's a "he") - provided that he does not offend the sacaraja or the terms of the mahavatta. (Although, again, you're contradicting yourself. The sacaraja seems very much allowed to harm the dattva if he crosses the line. That's the kind of thing that an autocratic monarch will do. And if there's something to be gained by it, other dattvas could well join in. The sacaraja may even insist on it as proof of their loyalty. It would be harder for a dattva to attack the sacaraja, of course, but kings have been overthrown the world over. The doctrine of parivartana might even be twisted by an astute dattva to actually justify such actions, in the way that some Chinese emperors were held to have "lost the Mandate of Heaven". As to the dattvas attacking each other, yes, they must seek the approval of the sacaraja, their ultimate liege lord, beforehand. Although I am sure there's some room for a sneaky dattva to make it look like he was attacked first...)

The ashrasatya sounds interesting - I'm certainly on board for some kind of monastic strand to Bhramavada (you have the idea here that the "illusion" of the world distracts the querent from the search for the truth behind it). I suspect it's going to be a bit of a struggle trying to keep these from being a straightforward steal of Buddhist principles, though. Do I read this right in that some ashrasatyas are actually mobile? It wasn't clear if the term relates to an individual or a group. Individual monks, yes, but an entire monastery? Props to you if you can pull it off believably. These places would logically exist across large parts of the Bhramavadic theosphere, so I don't see any reason why there wouldn't be one in Yfirland, too (the faith probably acts as a bit of a brake on the angry fringe of the community).

I hope this helps you firm things up - you have the germ of something workable here...

Postby Rajalyoko23 » Fri Jul 04, 2014 3:08 pm

Postby Michael-on-Ryde » Mon Jul 07, 2014 12:01 pm

Postby Rajalyoko23 » Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:13 am

Postby Michael-on-Ryde » Sat Jul 12, 2014 7:05 am

Postby Rajalyoko23 » Sat Jul 12, 2014 4:16 pm

What is a Dāttva?

Postby Rajalyoko23 » Mon Aug 11, 2014 11:53 am

A Dāttva is what happens when you mix Samurai and pre-Colonial Filipino Chieftains. They are noblemen ruling specific lands (usually small islands or large estate-cities), governing them and are warriors who are required to be loyal to any higher authority, if they wished to survive in politics.

First off, the Dāttva's loyalty is either vague, changing, or just totally loyal (My Holy King, my sword is yours, I will fight for you to the end of my days). They are the most "volatile" kind of nobility for this, not to add having unions, schisms or having noble clans massacred by terms of Mahavatta (Addendum from last explanation post: A Sacarāja can harm a dattva by legitimate reason like offending the king or violating the Mahavatta. Just being pissed at said Dattva is not allowed. I forgot to add this on my last explanation post). There are about 40-50 dattvas in Mahavishuri, yes. And it will change in numbers. Because Parivartana.

The Dattva system has been working since even far before the Sabhian Unity (in which I don't need explaining because parivartana) It is the northern equivalent of Pattern Clerics of the great Adharaki south. I think.

Finally, I figured the dattva system out!

Postby Rajalyoko23 » Sat Aug 23, 2014 8:49 am

Ok, I'll do a v3 of Mahavishuri right in this very thread. Will take note of advice MoR said.

>I is of claiming the whole sabhian lands except Yfirland

Postby Rajalyoko23 » Thu Sep 04, 2014 11:49 am

Previous

Return to Nation Creation